Software Value Visibility Leads to Focused Decision Making
Software value that is visible helps leader’s decision making stay focused on the business’s mission. Measuring the value of software is crucial to cost transparency so that financial authorities and technical leadership collaborate on optimizing software development resources. Software value services enable organizations to measure and optimize the business value of software through meaningful metrics and focused software development.
Our Software Value Offerings Include:
Common Use Case Scenarios
Usage of Software Value is seen often in these use cases:
- PMO Transition to SVMO – Project management is important as a mean to deliver business value. Reorienting the Project Management Office to a Software Value focus transitions the PMO to a strategic business partner.
- Agile Transformation – Many organizations have replaced their waterfall model with Agile teams for a portion of their software development and seen the benefits at small scale. Before committing to a large-scale transition, establishing a value centric metrics program can ensure that the expected benefits will be realized by the organization.
- Manage outsource vendor delivery of software value – Clients outsourcing millions of dollars of software development to vendor partners in exchange for enhancements to existing systems or custom development of new features and functions in existing systems or new systems. Defining and maintaining value centric economic metrics for the cost of unit of work establishes as a currency of exchange. Clients receive quantifiable value for the price paid to vendors.
- Agile Value Sustainability – Agile performance over time can plateau or even backtrack unless a value focused measurement culture is integrated into the planning and budgeting process. Establishing a value centric metrics program can ensure continued focused on value delivery.
- M&A Due Diligence – A Merger and Acquisition future financial advantage relies on accurate valuation or assessment of software assets and capabilities. A thorough and complete evaluation of the software products or assets being acquired and their viability in future revenue production is crucial for effective due diligence.
- White Paper: Transforming the PMO to an SVMO
- Article: How can we get more value out of software development?
- Article: Learn actionable steps for maximizing the flow of business value from software.
The Insights section of our website features additional reference materials. Visit it to find more information on this topic.
The consulting services featured above are packaged, standard offerings developed from years of practical experience working with industrial and commercial clients within multiple industries. These services are effective and proven but we understand you may have specific needs. We often get requests to develop customized offerings based on the fundamentals of our Software Value service(s), and we’d be delighted to discuss your particular situation.
Please contact Toni Crittenden at +1.719.582.2002 to discuss your software value options.